For 2016, the color trends are natural, organic and colorful. They look great when paired with the current home design and decorating tends – retro and nostalgic.
Keep these tips in mind when decorating with color this year
- Keep you furniture and carpet neutral – add colors to your home decor using accessories.
- Select colors that are less on the jewel side. If you have or use jewel tones, no problem. Opt for neutral backgrounds for the walls and flooring.
Below is a sampling of color for 2016
- Gray is still leading the charge this year. There are a wide array of hues. Warm Grays are becoming very popular.
- If you love Brown, the hues are lighter. Select from taupe, camel, and caramel.
- Violet, Wine, Lilacs and Purples are making a comeback.
- Can’t get enough of the color Blue. Select from teals, blue-greens, deep blues like navy, and softer blue hues.
- Pink, go for it!
- Yellows – select a gold tone or hue.
- Greens never go out of style.