In 2015, the home decorating trend was retro and nostalgic. For 2016, this home decorating trend continues.
- Animal prints & faux fur – Are continuing in a big way. They will appear on pillows, throws, rugs, and even on furniture. .
- Geometric and Ethnic designs – walls, lights, fabrics, furniture, and more…
- Florals & Botanical – fabrics, prints, art, and rugs
- Accent flowers, plants, and terrariums
- The Metals – Gold, Metallic, and Copper
- Organic – hand-crafts, needlework like knitting and weaving, natural fabric rugs and natural wood.
- Artisan accent pieces – pick-up and display your unique art pieces.
- Walls – wallpaper, stenciling, art deco continues to make a comeback. Use wallpaper or texture wall coverings to accent a wall.
Ethnic Designs & Fabrics
More Metals – Copper & Natural Wood
Don’t miss part 2 – Color Trends for 2016!